Border the width of browser window

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Border the width of browser window

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mscwebmaster

I’m trying to create a border above and below the full-width (1140px) header image that goes the width of the browser window. I’m able to put the full-browser-window-width line to the top by applying it to <body>. Is there a way to put the same line below the header image? Because I know the header image is enclosed in site-container, so it will be constrained by the parameters of site-container.

If not, I’ll just do the width of the site-container, but then I have another issue. If I put the 1px line above the site container, perfect. But if I put a 1px solid border on the bottom of the header image, it’s more like 3px (even though Firebug says it’s 1px). Gah.

If worse comes to absolute worst, I’ll just put the border on the image in Photoshop, but that seems so inelegant.

Help?

http://crehealthcare.com

Susan

As you posted this a while ago, I hope your issue was resolved. If not, please check back in, and I will take a look or escalate for you.

If it was resolved, please mark it “resolved”, so that it can be closed.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.