Bottom Nav Bar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lehighvalleywomansjournal
    Participant

I would like to make ONE of the tabs in the 2nd NAV bar in my Genesis (News) Theme a different color than the rest. Would the “CSS Classes (optional)” help me with that? If so, how do I do it?

http://lehighvalleywomansjournal.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    You’re exactly right! Let’s say I do that, and use “junk” as my class, and save. View your HTML to see your new class if desired.

But you have to write CSS for it. 2 quick examples – first one colors the link inside the list item. The second one gives a background color to the list item itself. That should get you started. Just pick your color code.

Your changes will go in Appearance… Editor, and you’ll be editing style.css.

[css]
    .junk a {
    color: #fffff;
    }
    .junk {
    background-color: #aaaaaa;
    }
    [/css]

Best, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

lehighvalleywomansjournal
    Participant

Thanks.

I’m always leery of editing the actual CSS code. Anyway I can do this using “Theme companion”?

In my bottom nav bar I have many different tabs/buttons/links. Will this make all of them go the same color or only one? I just want “Breaking Story! : March Against Monsanto…” to turn, say green with the original black background. I want the rest of the links to stay white with the black background.

http://lehighvalleywomansjournal.com/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t use Theme Companion, so I can’t vouch for it, but if it will add a stylesheet to your theme, this could work, and yes, it would leave your Genesis stylesheet pristine.

There’s already a handy class on your menu item, so strictly speaking you wont need to add one. This example will turn that link text a fairly bright green.

[css]
    #nav .menu-item-4255 a {
    color: #8cdb37;
    }
    [/css]

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.