Breadcrumbs disappeared after recent plugin upgrages

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Breadcrumbs disappeared after recent plugin upgrages

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  athyg 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

athyg

Hi there,

Has anyone else experienced an issue with disappearing ‘Breadcrumbs’, since recent plugin upgrades?
    I’m using the Executive child theme on my site, and all was good until I upgraded my plugins today.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: this is not a forum bug or suggestion
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Susan. Reason: this is not a forum bug or suggestion
    http://RDSTransport.com.au

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Have you checked in Genesis > Theme Settings to be sure the breadcrumb checkboxes are still checked? It’s probably a plugin conflict, but that’s always a good place to start. If the settings are correct, try deactivating all plugins to see if the breadcrumbs come back. If they do, activate one plugin at a time and refresh the site – when you find the one causing the issue, you can look for a replacement and/or leave it deactivated if you don’t have to have it.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

flyingpylon
    Participant

It appears to be the latest version of WordPress SEO that creates the conflict and makes Genesis breadcrumbs disappear. You can get the WP SEO breadcrumbs to work by enabling them under the Internal Links settings. However, that’s not a great solution if you have customized the Genesis breadcrumbs and wish to keep using them.

I have posted a comment on Yoast’s blog asking about this.

sokratesagogo
    Participant

Has anyone filed a ticket with the StudioPress Helpdesk?

“I toast, therefore I am”

athyg

Thanks flyingpylon – you are indeed correct.

I have disabled Yoast’s SEO plugin on this site & breadcrumbs were restored. Obviously this is less than ideal, as I’d like to use this plugin for optimisation.

And no – I haven’t logged a ticket with Studiopress for this bug…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.