Breaking the loop into two section on homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Breaking the loop into two section on homepage

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BonchaDotCom 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BonchaDotCom

I am working on a site where I would like to have a section at the top that displays the most recent post from each top level category in two columns with title, featured image, meta and snippet. Below that, I would like the nine most recent posts except for those included in the top section displayed in three columns with title, featured image and meta. If anyone knows the solution to this or could point me in the right direction to help with getting this figured out, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://urbangardensweb.bonchadotcom.com/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

It would take some doing, but the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified plugin could help with this. Basically, the top section would need a GFWA widget for each category and the bottom would need three (one per column) with each displaying 3 posts. Not sure how you’d offset them; I guess that would depend on how/when the posts go up in various categories. But that should get you started. There’s also another plugin called Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget available on Github that might be a better fit.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

BonchaDotCom

The Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget did the trick. Cheers and thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Breaking the loop into two section on homepage’ is closed to new replies.