Broken Link caused by CSS?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Broken Link caused by CSS?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

beoleary1
    Participant

I ran an audit of my site and get the following message for each of my pages, where there is a broken link to comments/feed. I don’t allow comments on any of my pages. Not sure where the <link href (rel=”alternate”)> is coming from?

This page links to the page “http://microsprayinternational.com/comments/feed/” (using the <link href (rel=”alternate”)> tag). The web server returned the error code 404 when accessing the linked page. This means that search engines cannot access the linked page, either, and that they might come to the conclusion that this page is not up-to-date.

nutsandbolts

The easiest way to fix this is to redirect your comments feed. It’s expected that it will return a 404 as it is now – since there are no comments on the site, the comments feed can’t exist. But if you have no plans to allow comments, you can direct any comment feed links to your homepage to avoid the 404 errors. In your Genesis theme settings, look for the Custom Feeds section. In the text input for Comments Feed, enter your site’s URL and check the box to redirect the feed. That should send any bots to the homepage and fix the 404 problem.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.