Buddypress and my own child theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Buddypress and my own child theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jaehouse
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m new to using the Genesis framework and am in the process of rebuilding a website. I know that the GenesisConnect plugin is meant to integrate Buddypress and Genesis and I saw there’s an existing list of child themes it’s currently compatible with. (I have never used Buddypress, either)

But what if I am building my own theme with the Genesis framework. Is there a way for me to have Buddypress running with it without the plugin? Or, if I use the plugin, will it still work?

Thank you in advance for your help! (I’m a newbie!)

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

Are you using the Sample ‘child’ theme or something else?

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

jaehouse
    Participant

Hi Doak, I’m actually just building it myself with the style.css using the genesis template and the functions.php. Do you recommend I edit the sample child, instead?

AC
    Blocked

I would start with the sample and build around that. This way you have all the traditional elements and coding of the Genesis framework and you can just customize it the way you want it. At least you already know that Genesis Connect works with the Sample – start from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.