BuddyPress + Genesis Customization

Community Forums Forums General Discussion BuddyPress + Genesis Customization

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zeyadram 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

zeyadram
    Participant

I’m looking for help in how to go about in creating an anonymous social network via BuddyPress that allows for my members to interact with each other with no barriers to communication, form groups, share their experiences with each other without compromising their identities.

This is a social network for individuals in recovery from addictions who crave community but value their privacy.

There are a number of customizations that I am looking for to be done with BuddyPress and my current Gensis WordPress child-theme Outreach 2.0 to be compatible together and to meet the goals that I have for the site. I know Ron creator of GenesisConnect was going to update some things via CSS but he’s not given any ETA for the update, so will need this done sooner.

For example: Right now in BuddyPress, you can look up a member in a directory and it will show their First Name and Last Name and their member profile URL will be based on their name. Ideally would like for this to be based off of their anonymous nickname.

The right person for this job is someone who values bringing people together and the concept of a tribe, is a self-starter, and can be realistic about deadlines.

With regards to requirements you will need to have a level of expertise with BuddyPress/Wordpress that you could create a custom plugin if you wanted to.

This will also need to be integrated with my membership plugin Imember360 that will give certain permissions to members on a specific membership level. So you I imagine you will need to look at the plugins short code and our CRM’s API for some aspects of this project.

If this project interests you and you think you are the right person for this project, please message me.

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

I just pinged Brad Williams over at WebDevStudios about this. Not only are they proficient with Genesis, but also with BuddyPress. I’d suggest contacting them directly, as they are top notch and come highly recommended by me.

zeyadram
    Participant

Thanks Brian! And love the new site!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘BuddyPress + Genesis Customization’ is closed to new replies.