BUG: Pretty Pictures header duplicates when adding text

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks BUG: Pretty Pictures header duplicates when adding text

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DigitalEssence 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DigitalEssence
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using Pretty Pictures v.1.0 & Genesis v.2.0.1 on WP 3.7 and when I add text to the header area as described in the instructions:

SET UP HEADER AREA

The large image at the top of the site is a header image. Visit Appearance -> Header to upload your own.

For the text, go to Appearance -> Widgets. Drag a text widget to the Header Right widget area. Fill in with whatever text you like.

It creates a duplicate header image that is slightly below the actual header. Removing the header text widget removes the duplicate header image.

I can’t provide a url at this moment as I’ve got a potential client looking at the site and I had to remove the header text in the widget but I will fire up a test site for you to look at later.

anitac
    Participant

I actually sent a DM to one of my new followers about seeing two images in her header and she’s never responded to me. Someone else on the forum had this issue and Studiopress indicated to replace your current Custom Header function to this:

[php]/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘custom-header’, array(
    ‘default-image’ => get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/images/header.jpg’,
    ‘flex-height’ => true,
    ‘flex-width’ => true,
    ‘header-text’ => false,
    ‘height’ => 550,
    ‘width’ => 990,
    ‘wp-head-callback’ => ‘__return_false’,
    ) );[/php]

Please write back if this fixes your problem.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

DigitalEssence
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for this code. I haven’t got round to trying this out but will give you a shout when I do.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.