Social Sharing Toolkit Conflict with Genesis 2.0

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Social Sharing Toolkit Conflict with Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DanielJLewis 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DanielJLewis
    Participant

Heads up! I discovered a conflict between Genesis 2.0 and the Social Sharing Toolkit (SST) plugin.

When I allow SSTto add OpenGraph tags to my pages, the <title> tag is added inside of the og:title tag.

<meta property="og:title" content="<title>7 Audacity features you'll miss in Adobe Audition</title>"/>

But if I switch to any non-Genesis theme, the title displays properly without the extra <title> tag.

The particular code inside SST building this information is:

echo '<meta property="og:title" content="'.trim(wp_title('', 0)).'"/>';

I’ve played around with the wp_title function, but I can’t do anything that will make this work with my Genesis-2.0-based theme. I even switched to vanilla Genesis 2.0.1 and still have the problem.

I’ve submitted this to StudioPress and the SST developer and will post here if we find a solution.

http://TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/141

Susan

Thanks for the heads up!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

DanielJLewis
    Participant

After additional investigation, I did eventually discover this was because of SST’s “OpenGraph” setting. Disabling that would make titles display properly. However, this still wasn’t a problem with previous Genesis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.