Can excerpt be placed under image in responsive slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can excerpt be placed under image in responsive slider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jhuotari
    Participant

Is there a way to place the excerpt under the image in the responsive slider, as opposed to over it? I know I’d probably have to add a background to the excerpt.

Also, the navigation arrows on our slider are partially obscured, and I haven’t figured out to show the entire arrows. Can anyone offer advice? Our website is http://oakridgetoday.com.

Thank you.

Susan

I saw your post yesterday, but didn’t respond, because my solution wasn’t the cleanest one out there, but since no-one else has responded, I thought I’d offer a suggestion that worked for me. I couldn’t find any other suggestions doing an online search.

I found that if you increased the height of the slider, the excerpt will stay at the bottom of the slider, and under your images. As I said, there’s probably a way of doing it in the CSS, but I’m no expert. I’d rather give you an answer and at least push this post back up to the front page, where maybe someone else can offer another suggestion.

Good luck!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

jhuotari
    Participant

Thank you, Susan. I’ll try it.

I’m having more serious problems with the slider now. It’s not displaying properly at all, displaying text and images vertically down our main content area, on top of existing content.

I removed it from our site and tried reinstalling it, but that didn’t seem to help. I updated some plugins before this happened, but I can’t remember which. I thought the updates might have caused the problem. I’ll pay more attention from now on when I update and wait until late at night to do it.

I did notice the slider has not been updated since July, and I’m wondering if that could be a problem as well.

Anyway, I’ll see if I can fix the display issue because I like the slider.

Susan

If you updated plug-ins, that definitely could be the problem. The usual recommendation in this case is to disable all your plug-ins, and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, then re-introduce the plug-ins, one at a time, observing if it makes any changes to the slider, thereby isolating the culprit.

Let me know how it goes!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.