Can I add Freatured Pages to Balance theme Home Page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can I add Freatured Pages to Balance theme Home Page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bridgewater95 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bridgewater95

I am wondering if it is possible to several featured pages to Balance Theme Home Page. I tried it but it does not work. Any idea? Thanks!

http://www.getumortgage.ca

braddalton
    Participant

Try the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives.

Or you could drag in the Genesis Featured Posts widget into any home page widget area.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

bridgewater95

Hi Brad, I can add featured posts to the home page. But it seems that I can not add featured pages to the home page by dragging the Genesis Featured Pages widget into the home page widget area. Can you please help? Thanks Brad!

braddalton
    Participant

Just tested adding the featured page widget to the front page widget area and it works fine for me.

bridgewater95

Hi Brad,

Balance theme only has “Home Featured Left”, “Home Featured Right” and “Portfolio”. I tried to add Featured Page widget to the Portfolio section but it does not show up. Which front page widget area did you use?

braddalton
    Participant

“Home Featured Left” and “Home Featured Right”.

The portfolio widget relates to the portfolio page template and not the home page.

Otherwise, you can hook in a new widget if you like http://wpsites.net/web-design/adding-new-widget-areas-in-studiopress-themes/

bridgewater95

For Balance theme, it only has those two widgets for the home page. I am going to change to another child theme. Thanks Brad for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.