Can I customize like this?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can I customize like this?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dani72 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dani72
    Participant

I recently bought an Animal Care theme which was too complicated for me to use. I’ve reverted back to my Lifestyle theme, which I love. However the other theme had a lovely section for re-homing animals and I’m wondering if it would be possible for Lifestyle to be customised to incorporate something similar?

http://themeforest.net/item/animal-care-premium-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/2922909

My site is http://www.aparivdogrescue.com

Thanks.

Anita
    Participant

Well, you can. It’s just going to take a few tweaks to get it that way. How good are you with CSS? This is what I’d do and I am not a programmer or anything. But.. here it goes.

You could follow Brian’s instructions for Adding the Welcome Text Widget (http://www.briangardner.com/welcome-text-widget/) – this will give you a sidebar under the banner and before the content to place the Genesis Slider or the Responsive Slider. His instructions are really easy.

On another Genesis discussion group they told me about the Sililoquy plugin which you could get for $20 to give you the sliding images at the bottom. Again, if you use Brian’s instructions, you can add another Welcome Text Widget area and hook it before the footer – then put this plugin in there.

Then start “coloring” it up with CSS.

Just a side note, my heart aches when I see dogs that do not have forever homes yet. I have an 13 year male bichon pooh and he’s my baby. If you need more help, let me know. I’ll try my best to help you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Anita.

Dani72
    Participant

Thanks very much.

I’ll have a think about using that. It’s amazing really, the range of plugins available!

What I’m really after though, at the moment, is the icons at the top of the animal pages. I want to put info such as sex, breed,DOB etc and would like something similar to what is on the animal pages on the Animal Care theme.

The Animal Care theme has a added section for the animals, so you have posts,pages and animals. Whereas the Lifestyle theme just has posts and pages. I’ve put the dogs onto pages, but would like to pretty them up a bit.

I think it’s so sad for the older dogs at the refuge as many of them will never find a home. They’ll be with us for the rest of their lives.

Anita
    Participant

That would be a lot of work to customize to have it to all those things. I’ve worked with a lot of Themeforest themes. If you need some help with the one you purchase, click the link in my footer to my website and contact me from there. I can help you remotely.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Dani72
    Participant

Thank you. I’ve bookmarked your site.

I’m going to concentrate on the one I’m building just now, but I do want to switch to the other once I get to understand it, so I will be in touch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.