Can I insert a slideshow above blog posts in Bee Crafty Theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can I insert a slideshow above blog posts in Bee Crafty Theme?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

braddalton
    Participant

Did you check the name of the function in the documents for the Pro version?

I don’t have access to these however i think the problem is the Pro version uses a different name for the function.

Please check this and reply here with the PHP code which they supply for installation of the Pro version.

As previously stated, the code above works for the Lite version only.

jchick
    Participant

I’m not sure about the php code. All I have is this documentation from the easingslider pro website:

If you wish to display a slideshow within your theme, you must use the PHP function. Shortcodes are not supported within theme files. Using the PHP function is easy. Simply insert the code below into the theme file you wish to display a slideshow in. Again, don’t forget to replace the “1″ with the ID of the slideshow you wish to display.

<?php if ( function_exists('easingsliderpro') ) { easingsliderpro( 1 ); } ?>

I found it on this page: http://easingslider.com/docs/displaying-slideshows/

braddalton
    Participant

That’s why it didn’t work because the function name is different for the 2 slider versions

Tested this code and it works:

Otherwise please change the conditional tag if needed.

jchick
    Participant

That worked! Thanks! Now, is there any way to get the sidebar on my homepage?

braddalton
    Participant

Start another thread please and marked this one as resolved. It will get answered faster that way.

Try the Genesis Layout Extra plugin

jchick
    Participant

Thanks, Brad. The layout extra plugin worked perfectly. I really appreciate all your help.

braddalton
    Participant

No worries @jchick and thanks for hanging in there!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.