Can it be used in a multisite? read more….

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can it be used in a multisite? read more….

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rightsideout 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rightsideout
    Participant

I not sure where to ask this, but I tried tweeting Studiopress and got no response. I want to know if I can use Studiopress and the Genesis framework within a paid multisite environment?….something like edublogs.com. I want to offer the Studiopress themes as a paid upgrade in the network plan. I read the FAQ’s and from what I can tell it is allowed, but I need confirmation before I pay for the themes.
    Thank you for you help.
    David

Gary Jones

Once you’ve purchased Genesis, then yes, you can use it on as many of your self-hosted WP sites as you like, including multisite installs.

Changes in Genesis 2.0 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (all 159 of them!) | @GaryJ

rightsideout
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. So I can have users of my multisite pay me to upgrade for a premium theme (being studiopress)? And no limit on how many clients? Sorry… But I just want to make sure. Thanks again for your help.

Gary Jones

My understanding is – if you’re selling them a service (“Hey, you can use these themes for free, or give me money to use one of *these* premium themes”), then it’s fine, though you’d need to handle support with that service.

As far as I’m aware, this is pretty much what WordPress does with the premium Genesis child themes it supports.

If you’re distributing the theme files to them, for a fee or free, then while allowed by the GPL, it would be frowned upon, and any support issues your customers have would also need to be handled by you, not StudioPress.

I’ll point one of the StudioPress folks here, so they can clarify for you.

Changes in Genesis 2.0 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (all 159 of them!) | @GaryJ

rightsideout
    Participant

Yes… If you can get a studiopress folk here that would be great. Thanks for your help, but I am almost more confused. I want my client to select a studiopress child theme( for a fee that is paid to me) for their website that is within my multisite. Something like edublog. Thanks again.

JiveDig
    Participant

I’m not from Studiopress, but i’m doing the exact same thing, and I asked this question to Brian Gardner (outside of the forums) and got confirmation that it’s okay.

rightsideout
    Participant

Perfect… Thanks everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.