Can not login to admin area

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can not login to admin area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chikamiku 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chikamiku
    Participant

Hello there,

One of my WP site front end is working perfectly fine. However、I can not login to its admin area. I tried to change its password many a time. but no progress yet. Any clues on how I should solve this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Anita
    Participant

What type of error message if any are you receiving?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

chikamiku
    Participant

Thanks for the offer to help me. The message I receive is as follows.

ERROR: The password you entered for the username admin is incorrect..

I tried to login from a different computer, this time from a linux machine. But again no results. Any clues please?

Thanks

Anita
    Participant

The only way to reset your password is to go into your MySql database and MD5 you a new password.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

chikamiku
    Participant

Thank you again Actually, someone helped me this way as well by hard-coding the password in the DB But……..

Anita
    Participant

That’s the only way to reset it. You’ll have to have them do it again. I’ll unsubscribe from this now as there is nothing further I have to offer. Good luck to you.

chikamiku
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.