Can you have a different footer on Home page than the rest of the site

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can you have a different footer on Home page than the rest of the site

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma1202 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Emma1202
    Participant

I’m working with the Legacy theme and building a site at http://www.jmmlifecoaching.com.  Is it possible to have a FB feed in the footer widget area on the Home page of a site,  but not have the same widgets in the internal pages, the same way you can have different sidebars using Genesis sidebar plugin?

I’d like to have the Facebook feed like in this site  on the front page, but it would be ideal to have that same FB feed in the sidebar on all the other pages.

How would I go about doing that?

Thank you!

Dorian Speed
    Participant

So, if I understand you correctly, you would like for one widget to display ONLY on the front page, and for it to display on the sidebar on the rest of the site – right?

There’s a plugin called Widget Logic that lets you specify which pages of the site should and should not display a particular widget. If you install that plugin, it will add a little box at the bottom of the widget in which you can put something like is_home (for the widget that should only display on the home page).

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

Emma1202
    Participant

Thank you!  It worked great!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Can you have a different footer on Home page than the rest of the site’ is closed to new replies.