Cannot upload avatar (user profile pic)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Cannot upload avatar (user profile pic)

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

computersimple
    Participant

I’m new to Genesis but have been using wordpress for many years. I have the CurbAppeal child theme installed with the Genesis Framework.  There is no place to upload a user profile picture (avatar). Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lavada

Susan

To update/add a user profile, go to Dashboard >Users and add your email address in there. The profile will automatically pull in any image you have set in Gravatar

If you don’t have a Gravatar account, you can sign up for a free profile.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

AC
    Blocked

As an alternative to Susan’s suggestion of setting up the Gravatar, I offer the Simple Local Avatars plugin – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-local-avatars/. You may or may not want your personal avatar showing up on various websites that use Gravatar. If you register on a different site and they use this feature, it will automatically pull your picture in. So if you don’t want that to happen, would rather stay private on other sites, use Simple Local Avatars.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.