Can't delete an image from a post.

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can't delete an image from a post.

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 2 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jon Poland
    Participant

I am having a rather difficult time doing something that should be very easy.  I am trying to delete an image from a post.  When I am editing the post from inside the dashboard, the image is nowhere to be found within the post.  But when I view the post the image appears.

Here is the link to the post that I am talking about:  WebBusinessResearch.com.

Also, I activated Firebug and it revealed the html code for the image.  I was hoping to go into the html and simply remove the line of code for the image.  Unfortunately, I am not sure where to find the html code for this blog particular blog post.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jon

P.S.  Is there any reason why my text will not wrap around this image?  The image is just below the title of the post and the text is then 4 or 5 lines below the image.  I am obviously doing something wrong when I uploaded the image.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  Jon Poland.

Susan

It’s in your media library; it looks like you uploaded it this month. Are you able to access your media library? You should be able to delete it from there.

image url: http://www.webbusinessresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/TrafficConversion3.png

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Riavon
    Participant

It sounds like the image is set via your “Featured Image” rather than placed inside the post itself (in the editor).

Twitter: @riavonentprises

Jon Poland
    Participant

Susan:

I went into the media library and deleted the image, but it is still showing in the blog post.  I logged out of my admin panel and then logged back in and the image is gone.

Thank you so much.  I appreciate the help and the very fast response.

I do have one other question.  Is there a way for me to have an image appear in every post?

For example, if there is a product that I want to promote on my blog and I want a banner ad to appear in or above each post, is there a way for me to insert a banner ad in every post on my blog?

Thanks, Susan.

Jon

P.S.  Riavon, I appreciate your help too.

Susan

Glad to have resolved the first issue, Jon.

For your next question, I recommend adding a widgeted area above a post. Use this tutorial:

http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/add-widgeted-sidebar – scroll down to the section “Sidebar Before Posts” – that should accomplish what you are looking to do (It will place the banner ad above each post)

Jon Poland
    Participant

Thanks Susan.  The other potential solution is get a WordPress plugin that will allow me to manage my ads and placement from the plugin.  I am trying to limit the number of plugins on my blog, so I leaning toward your solution.  I’ll give it a try.

Thanks again.

Jon

Susan

You’re welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.