Can't figure out menu float

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can't figure out menu float

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  efuller 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

I’ve modified the Secondary Navigation menu of the Modern Portfolio Pro theme to be a sort of ‘admin’ menu at the top of the page, but I’m having trouble with the alignment.

I’ve got it set to float left as you can see on the site here, but I’m wanting it to align with the page/text below, not push all the way out to the edge of the browser window. I’m having trouble figuring out how to accomplish this. Anyone have any tips/points in the right direction? Thanks.

http://www.kiersdev.com/hatheway1/

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

http://www.kiersdev.com/hatheway1/

efuller
    Participant

Kent:

Add the following style to your CSS file.

It should do the trick!

[css]
    .nav-secondary .genesis-nav-menu .menu-item {
    float: right;
    }[/css]

- Eric

Kent
    Participant

Eric,

Thanks for that, but no, didn’t do it. It just transposed the two links.

Before it said ‘Patient Login | Dental Referrals’ now says opposite. Hmmm.

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

efuller
    Participant

Hmmm…

I may have forgotten to mention that you will need to make it so the secondary wrap doesn’t float right…

I think that will get it positioned correctly. But that doesn’t fix the order of the links.

Kent
    Participant

Eric,

I stand corrected. I had another line above it that was conflicting and when I took that out, it worked! Thanks!

-Kent

efuller
    Participant

Kent:

Right on. Glad to hear that worked out!

- Eric

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.