Can't go to next page on blog/homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can't go to next page on blog/homepage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rick_fk 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jamesbrandon
    Participant

Hey folks!

My website is http://james-brandon.com. I am using the minimalist child theme and have my homepage simply set up as a blog. The problem is when you get to the bottom of the page and click ‘previous posts’ the page simply reloads the same posts from page 1. So there’s basically no way to get to my older posts.

Please help!

marybaum
    Participant

Well, James, you just sold a book! I’ve been shooting forever, and I still get soft shots in situations where I don’t think I should.

Now then …

Have you played around with the pagination options for the content archives in the Genesis Theme Settings, to see if any of the other options gives you a different result? Also, just checking – do you have more than ten posts (or however many you specified) to show on the blog that populates the home page? Think of that as my is-the-computer-plugged-in question, so we can eliminate that as an issue.

Another thing I would experiment with is, what happens with pagination on an interior page that’s not the home page? If you build a page of posts from a particular category, can you make that link to pages of older and newer posts?

I’m sure other folks will have better answers – I’m grasping at straws without being able to get into your back end. At a certain point, I’d probably just hard-code a permalink to the next page. But that would be a pain to keep doing.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

jamesbrandon
    Participant

Hehe, thanks Mary. Hope you enjoy the ebook!

So yes, if you go to james-brandon.com/blog, the /blog is just a category of posts and the pagination works in that sense. It’s only on my home page that it doesn’t from where I can tell…

And yes I have the Genesis option to show posts of “All Categories” and I have hundreds and hundreds of posts over the years. Just doesn’t make any sense, ugh!

Tomchalky
    Participant

Im having the exact same issue James, did you manage to find a fix?

Cheers,

Marco
    Participant

Is the home.php file still in the theme folder?

Have you done some modifications to it?

If not, try to rename ( via FTP) home.php like old_home.php and reload the homepage and see what happens.

rick_fk
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. Before in my home page i had the links on the bottom to see the other blog posts. Now after i updated i don’t see it at all. I set to show the latest five posts but i would like the links on the bottom to see more posts.

Please help

http://www.fkthreads.com

rick_fk
    Participant

Bumping this post as i haven’t been able to find a resolution. My site is in the link below

http://www.fkthreads.com

It is also taking very long to load which is a separate issue. i believe it is either the ISP or one of my plugins.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.