Can't remove Admin / date / edit menu on home page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Can't remove Admin / date / edit menu on home page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtdatawork 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jtdatawork
    Participant

I’m using Streamline and there is an admin menu showing on the home page that shows Admin (and an icon) the date (icon) and the edit link. Not only does it look bad and distracting, It shows up even when I’m logged out, so everyone must be seeing it. I thought it was the post meta or post info but I removed those in the functions.php, and it still shows. Also tried removing the genesis menu link, no luck. Can’t find a snippet to remove this. Can anyone help?

And I apologize for no link, the site is live and so has an under construction page showing for all non-logged in users. Here’s a pic of it instead:

Thanks!

Judy

JT Dataworks Web design and SEO

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi Judy,

I don’t see your pic…

HBG

jtdatawork
    Participant

Let’s try that again…

jtdatawork
    Participant

hmmmm, wont let me upload, not refer to a photo even on my own site. Weird, I’ve posted pics before…

jtdatawork
    Participant

I can’t post a snapshot, nor can I link to the pic on my own site. However my explanation is pretty clear. It’s an icon then “admin, a calendar icon, then the date, and an “edit” link, all in a row. Sort of looks like a combo of the meta and the post info.

jtdatawork
    Participant

HEre is a post where I think the person was having the same problem. However this solution (putting the code in the theme functions file) did not work for me…

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/removing-post-info-from-home-page-loop/

Please help these people need the site to go live soon.

Thanks!

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi Judy,

I’m sorry, without seeing the site/problem, I really can’t offer the solution.

If you are able to make the home page viewable or provide a screen shot of the home page, I’d be happy to help.

Take care,

HBG

jtdatawork
    Participant

A link again to the pic

OK this time it worked here is a pic of the bar. It is above the post area of the home page ONLY, and it is obviously a default for the home page – you can also see it below the featured area and above the first sample post in the Streamline Theme demo http://my.studiopress.com/themes/streamline/

Thank you :)

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi,

Deleting this line:

[php]add_action( ‘genesis_before_post’, ‘genesis_post_info’ );[/php]

from functions.php removes that bar from the default install. The bar in your pic seems larger than the demo site.

I hope this helps you.

Hard Boiled Greg

jtdatawork
    Participant

That was it! Phew! Thank you so much for sticking with me and figuring this out!

Judy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.