Can't remove header text after Genesis 1.9

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Can't remove header text after Genesis 1.9

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

michaelbuster
    Participant

I just updated a site to Genesis 1.9 and to my surprise the site now shows the header text on the header image.

If I uncheck ‘Show header text with your image’ from Appearance>Header, and click Save, the page shows the box checked again. I am unable to uncheck it.

The site is http://cellphonesunlocked.org/ and uses the News child theme.

media317
    Participant

Go to Settings > General and remove your Title and Tagline and click save.

Alan Smith
    Media317

michaelbuster
    Participant

Thanks but I can’t have a site without title and tagline under General Settings obviously, I’d rather have the bug fixed with some code.

Susan

Try an upgrade to Genesis 1.9.1

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

michaelbuster
    Participant

Didn’t do nothing thanks anyway Susan. This is a minor problem (still annoying, customer’s angry) but I have also another thread and even opened a ticket because of major problems with the Genesis loop in home.php. Really screwed up with this ‘upgrade’.

aldash
    Participant

I had the same problem with Lifestyle, but when I went to Manage Themes>Customize>Site Title & Tagline I was able to uncheck the option.

michaelbuster
    Participant

Brilliant, it worked! Hopefully they will fix the problem with Genesis 1.9.2 so we can uncheck from Appearance>Header, as it should be.

Putting out buggy updates and having people fix them themselves is not a good way to run a business though. I will get tons of support emails from my customers because of this. Updating to 1.9 _checks_  ‘Show header text with your image’ even if previously unchecked!

Susan

Michael – thanks for checking back in and letting me know you had a solution – I will keep note of this for the next person who has the issue. I’ll close this thread as resolved – please start a new thread if you have more questions.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can't remove header text after Genesis 1.9’ is closed to new replies.