Cart66 or WooCommerce

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Cart66 or WooCommerce

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

designbytracy
    Participant

Discuss the pros and cons, which you use and why?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

I use Cart66 for several reasons:

• It doesn’t take over your entire WP install like WooCommerce.
    • It doesn’t require purchasing a million add-ons like WooCommerce.
    • It’s far easier/faster to set up and works with your existing CSS.
    • Two of their support techs stayed on chat with me for FOUR HOURS straight one time to resolve a problem on a client site.
    • My clients don’t have difficulty adding products and displaying them in posts/pages – they can manage their store without a ton of hand-holding from me.
    • It integrates with Gravity Forms. (Woo might do this too – I haven’t used it enough to know)

All that said, the one advantage WooCommerce has (that I see) is compatibility with a lot of Genesis ecommerce themes. You can add Cart66 to any theme, but several have support for Woo built in.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Summer
    Participant

Andrea, are you using the Cart66 plugin, or are you using their new cloud set up?

If you’ve used both, what are your impressions?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

I’m using the plugin. I absolutely refuse to use Cloud, simply because I don’t want to pay yet another monthly fee forever and ever, and I don’t like the idea of giving up control of the checkout process. (What is it with every WP product moving to monthly pricing lately?!?) That said, I know several people who use and like the Cloud option. It seems very similar to Pro and a lot of people like being able to skirt around SSL, so I guess it’s not all bad.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.