Categories not working

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Categories not working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fiddles5 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fiddles5
    Participant

Hi – I’m using the Freelance theme, and I just noticed that my categories have stopped working. Not sure when they stopped working, but may have been with a WP 3.x update.  http://mylifeisamess.com

I’ve tried resetting the permalinks to default, saving, and putting them back to Post Name.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks!

AC
    Blocked

Do you mean they are not applied to your blogs or that they aren’t included in your URL? Can you possible drag the Category widget to a sidebar so we can check that out? Thanks.

fiddles5
    Participant

Hi — the Categories widget is in the sidebar.  It’s called “Interesting Stuff” — The links in the widget don’t work.  Also in the blog posts when you click on the link to Category, you get a blank page.

AC
    Blocked

Check Post > Categories and see if you see numbers next to them – i.e., like there are 3 next to books or 5 next to Jazz. If you see that – click that number and tell me if it returns a blank page.

AC
    Blocked

By any chance do you have Yoast installed? And have you tried deactivating your plugins. I see on WordPress.org support that Yoast was interfering with it working.

fiddles5
    Participant

There’s no Yoast plugin. No numbers next to Category names. I’ve tried disabling the plugins already. Didn’t help.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

fiddles5
    Participant

Just noticed the search function returns a blank page too!

AC
    Blocked

Did you deactivate your other plugins?

fiddles5
    Participant

yes. and it had no effect, so I turned them all back on.

fiddles5
    Participant

My category links are still not working properly. Anyone?

http://mylifeisamess.com

Tried deactivating plugins. nothing. tried activating one at a time. nothing. tried changing permalinks to default, saving, then choosing Post Name again. In the dashboard – Category – links to Categories are the same as they appear in the blog. Nada.

Help?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.