Category archive in excerpt format

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Category archive in excerpt format

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vividvilla 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

I am really struggling with getting a category page http://dandenong-ranges-photography.com.au/category/photography-jobs/ to show up as excerpts without making the blog page that way. I want the blog to have full posts showing but the category page to be in excerpts with thumbnails.

I’ve been reading many, many threads here and Googling for the answer but just cannot find out how it’s done.  I’ve checked all the settings in the theme but it seems if I choose excerpts it does it for the blog page too and I want that full posts, not excerpts.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

http://dandenong-ranges-photography.com.au/blog/

vividvilla
    Participant

What you can do is create another Page template and loop through the posts.Create a new page named blog and assign newly created page template.Now for category go to Genesis Theme settings and modify the settings for blog template and activate thumbnail.

Vivek R – @vividvilla
    Genesis Child Theme Designer and Blogger at WPStuffs.
    For affordable Genesis Child Theme design and Customization Contact me here

kathiemt
    Participant

I’ve done all that Vivek. But if I change the settings for the blog template it then changes my blog page too. I don’t want both to be the same. I want the archive to be in excerpts and my blog page to be full posts.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

vividvilla
    Participant

For that only I said to create a new blog page template and assign it to your current blog page.

Vivek R – @vividvilla
    Genesis Child Theme Designer and Blogger at WPStuffs.
    For affordable Genesis Child Theme design and Customization Contact me here

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.