Category image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  babrees 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

babrees
    Participant

I have an image attached to each category. Is there a way I can show that image in the category next to the description?

braddalton
    Participant

On the category archive page?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

babrees
    Participant

Yes :)

braddalton
    Participant

Best to create a custom widget area in that position and use the genesis featured posts widget to display the latest post image from a specific category.

Add this code to your child themes functions.php file using a code editor:

Change the category i.d to your own.

babrees
    Participant

thanks but I think you misunderstand me. When you create a category you can attach an image to it. I want to display that image in the category. I also need it to work with product categories (woocommerce).

So, for instance on this page http://www.funkthis.com/product-category/mens-t-shirt/ it will display the categories image next to the description

braddalton
    Participant

I think that’s a question for the Woo Commerce forum support as it relates to the plugin.

There’s no provision to add an image to a category page in Genesis.

if you’re referring this text below, then its in the same position as the widget i just coded.

The Ultra Cotton T-Shirt by Gilden is made in a classic fit style from top quality 100% cotton. The collar is seamless twin needle, neck and shoulders are taped and sleeves and hem are twin needle. The body is tubular. The white is 195g/m², while the coloured t-shirts are 205g/m².

I would try and add the HTML for the image in a new post draft with the text and style it there before pasting it into your Woo Commerce products editor.

babrees
    Participant

I need the same in ordinary categories as well as the product cats, hence asking here :)

I was thinking that as you can attach an image to a category now, you should be able to display it there, otherwise what is the point of attaching image to a cat? Strange.

Thanks for your help Brad, I’ll have a play around. I’ll have to change it a bit as I’m running Genesis 2 and html5

Cheers

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  babrees.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  babrees.

babrees
    Participant

just reread your last post and realised you said “There’s no provision to add an image to a category page in Genesis.” Just checked a site without woocommerce and see it’s not there!! OOPS! I thought that the provision WAS in Genesis which is why I asked here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.