category pages loading with two different urls :(

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks category pages loading with two different urls :(

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dev 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sports made
    Participant

i have a few crawler errors in my webmaster tool 404s, which are category url based.

the problem is my categories are loading from two different urls, one with “category” word in it and one with out it.

here is the first 404 error i got.
    tsmplug.com/F1/page/2/

so the same category can be reached with two different urls.

tsmplug.com/category/F1/
    tsmplug.com/F1/

that is not normal and i am panicking over it. can someone tell me what is the problem here, i am using genesis framework + metro theme which i install like 1 week  ago. before that i did not had this problem

Regards,
    Sameer

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  sports made.
    http://www.tsmplug.com

dev
    Participant

You probably have a blog page named F1 that is published but not on any menu. You probably also have a menu item called FI with a link to itself. Without being able to log in it is hard to tell exactly what you are doing.

sports made
    Participant

Hi dev,

Thanks for the reply, but I am sure there is not blog page named f1 and this problem is not with 1 category its a problem with every category.

Regards,

Sameer

dev
    Participant

Check the permalinks on all your pages and make sure you don’t have duplicates or something screwy in them.

Also check the URL you have in Settings, and perhaps in wp-config.

Without being able to log in, that is as far as I can go with this. Maybe others with more WP experience can help. Actually, this is probably not a Genesis issue… it is a WP issue… and you should take it to the WP support group.

Dev

NewMedia Website Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.