Center Logo Optimal

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Center Logo Optimal

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bconley 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bconley
    Participant

Although this is a community theme, Optimal I was hoping for help with centering my logo. I think I have tried everything except what works.

http://174.122.175.131/~scotts/

Robin
    Participant

It looks like you are using the custom header option in WP, right? I think the way to do it is to make your logo file be 960px wide and center it there. I have had very little luck with using the custom header with images that are less wide than the header area.

Another option would be to try changing the header width in line 199 of your style.css to something like 460px, which would work with the existing header image. If you do that, add !important to it so it continue to center for the mobile responsive elements. I think this would work–but not 100% sure.

#header {
    margin: 0 auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 460px !important;
    }

Sorry, not sure either solution is really ideal–the first will make your header look wonky in smaller screens as the entire image will resize, even the blank parts; the latter is fine if they never change the header image (or at least the size of it).

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

bconley
    Participant

Thank You!!  I changed the width and it works perfectly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.