Challenges with Executive Pro theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Challenges with Executive Pro theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kathiemt
    Participant

Having tons of challenges with Executive Pro theme and not sure if it hasn’t installed correctly or if there’s stuff I’ve missed and not understand.

Examples:
    The menu won’t go across the screen but down the page.
    The site seems to float to the left and is not centred.
    The image slider doesn’t have a black box to the left of the image as the demo does.

I am following the set up information and don’t usually have this much problem with setting up a theme on an existing site as I am with this one. I was using another theme but I suggested to the client we really needed to work with something mobile responsive and this was the best one for meeting her needs.

Virtual Assistant & Nature Photographer
    Kathie Thomas: VADirectoryClick here for Australian images

http://www.publicspeaking.com.au/blog/

nutsandbolts

It looks like something definitely isn’t working correctly with the theme. I would try deleting Executive Pro and activating the Genesis framework to make sure it displays correctly. If so, try downloading a fresh copy of Executive Pro to upload to the site. If that doesn’t fix the problem, please post back here and we’ll try some other things.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

kathiemt
    Participant

Thanks Andrea. Will do that right now and report back to let you know how I go. Much appreciated.

kathiemt
    Participant

Unfortunately the same result Andrea. I activated Genesis, deleted the Executive Pro theme, downloaded a fresh copy, reinstalled it and activated it and the same thing has happened. Very strange.

kathiemt
    Participant

Finally sorted. Got the Genesis people to have a look. Turned out that Genesis hadn’t updated from 1.8.2. to 2.0.2 and the Pro themes need to have Genesis 2.0+ I didn’t get notification that Genesis needed updating on this particular site so deleted it and uploaded a fresh copy and that part of the site is now working.

nutsandbolts

Oh okay, awesome! Glad it’s finally working correctly. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.