Actually, that's what I tried first and it didn't work for some as yet undiscovered reason.
The problem seems to be a combination of Simple Edits, Genesis 2.0, the ZigZag Press theme Prestige 1.6, and the MarketPress ecommerce plugin from WPMU.
Prestige does some customization with post_info and post_meta. Genesis 2.0 messed things up by adding info to the MarketPress custom post type products and to the dynamically generated product listings display where there shouldn't have been any. When I had added Simple Edits to try to customize the blog posts display, this made the info display on the products custom posts more heinous, but no amount of cajoling and threatening my functions.php with asking it not to display that info on the custom taxonomy ever worked.
I'd like to just be able to tell Simple Edits to leave my custom taxonomy alone, see if that helps, but I've so far been unsuccessful in that attempt also. It's almost as if the MarketPress custom definition mocks me.
I've been fighting with this problem for over two weeks, the ZigZag people haven't figured it out yet, the WPMU devs haven't figured it out yet, and the biggest kick in the pants for me was that this was never an issue with Genesis 1.9, and Support said that it's not a Genesis problem so ask for help here for it.
So here I ask
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe to get early access to new themes, discounts and brief updates about what's new with StudioPress!