Change category order in post info

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change category order in post info

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chad1008 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kayakman
    Participant

Hi guys,

I would like to change the order in which post categories are displayed in the post info section on my posts.

I’ve managed to modify the post info a bit but would like the main category to be displayed first and then the subcategories in alphabetical order. At the moment, the post info reads: “Posted under: Arizona, USA, Utah”. I would like this to read “Posted under: USA, Arizona, Utah”.

I’ve searched all the forums but can’t find an answer. If anyone could help me this this I’d really appreciate it!

purplepatriot
    Participant

Hi kayakman, just so I understand – “USA” is a ‘main’ category, and different states are subcategories? Are there other ‘main’ categories and subcategories?

Eric @ Coolwater Creative – “Take a leap. Make a splash. Ripple the pond.”
    “Never sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the immediate.” – Give back and help out in the forums.

chad1008

I’d like to do the same thing. Example:

A post categorized under:
    California (Parent Category), Sonoma County (Child Category), Alexander Valley (Grandchild Category)

Will list as “Alexander Valley, California, Sonoma.”

I’d rather it list the in order of the hierarchy, starting with the parent category and moving down the tree.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.