Change color theme on Lifestyle Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change color theme on Lifestyle Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TraceyR 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sheilam
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to change the color theme and possibly darken the site-wide font for the Lifestyle Pro theme for my site:

http://manitowocsoccer.com/

Where the footer and widget header is now green, I would like to change that to either a black with bright white font or an orange with black font- haven’t decided.

But for now, just need some direction on how I can change the color and font.

Thanks much!

http://manitowocsoccer.com/

nutsandbolts

You can change both of those (or anything else you’d like) by editing the theme’s stylesheet. Here is a tutorial on making basic edits to Genesis themes: http://sridharkatakam.com/video-basics-customizations-genesis/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

sheilam
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. The video you referred me to addressed the Genesis hooks but not the font and color theme.

I will look through the style sheet and see if I can find where I need to change things.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  sheilam.

nutsandbolts

Oh, sorry about that! Yes, Design Palette Pro is a FANTASTIC plugin – I would highly recommend it if you aren’t comfortable with editing your stylesheet. Another good one is Genesis Extender.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

sheilam
    Participant

I took a look at the Design Palette Pro and it looks like a plugin for creating a child theme on the Genesis framework.

Just checked into your other recommendation- the Genesis Extender. Looks like something that will help me make this change and many others.

Great suggestion- I am going to try it out and will be back to report if it does what I need it to.

Thanks much!

TraceyR
    Participant

Hi Andrea, if I can add a question to this general theme of colours changes …

I’m quite comfortable editing the CSS… but with the latest version of Lifestyle, can’t quite figure out how to target the widget headings specifically; in the old version it was “#sidebar h4″, and then I could modify colour, font etc.

However, in Lifestyle Pro, if I use Firebug to get the CSS it’s just “h4″ for the widgets too (see screenshot http://screencast.com/t/VO1w3zlwVr1) – and I want a different colour/font for the widgets compared to the rest of the site.

I’ve tried .sidebar-primary .h4 {color: #D50100; } for example, but no luck!

please help :)
    Tracey

nutsandbolts

I’ll have to check, but I believe it’s .sidebar .widget-title in Lifestyle Pro. Let me look and I’ll post back in just a few.

nutsandbolts

Yep, that should get it. Give that one a try and see how it goes.

TraceyR
    Participant

Perfect – thanks SO much!!

(Is there by any chance a list of sorts that has this info on it? Almost like a “mapping” of the css to the parts of a typical page? With the changes from the old version of the theme I’m having headaches :) )

much appreciated,
    Tracey

nutsandbolts

You know, that’s a good question, and I’m not sure of the answer. The HTML5 themes make it easier in a way because you can target certain overall areas (.content, .sidebar, .footer, .footer-widgets, etc.) but if there’s not a list, someone needs to come up with one. I’m adding that to my list of upcoming blog posts – thanks for the suggestion!

TraceyR
    Participant

My pleasure – it would be an awesome resource to have!!

thanks again for your (ongoing) help!

cheers…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.