Change comments and remove gravatar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change comments and remove gravatar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

badedyr
    Participant

Using http://demo.studiopress.com/quattro/threaded-comments/ as an example.

I would like to alter so that instead of if showing:

Brian Gardner says:
    July 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

It looks like:

Brian Gardner July 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

on one single line.

Also is it possible to remove the gravatar image completely?

http://demo.studiopress.com/quattro/threaded-comments/

braddalton
    Participant

badedyr
    Participant

It is currently only being hosted internally on my NAS thats why i have referenced the demo Quattro theme.

braddalton
    Participant

I don’t have access to that theme because its a community theme where support is generally provided by the community Developer.

Have you contacted the support area for that specific theme?

Normally i have all SP themes installed locally and test solutions that way to fix problems.

I do know that the Developer of your theme is very helpful.

Please also note that the comment form in Genesis is now using the WordPress filters and hooks as they are now HTML 5.

badedyr
    Participant

Brad,

Thank you for your assistance.

I was not aware this was not an “official SP” theme? Where would i find the Developer for this theme specifically?
    I have been in contact with regular SP support but my requests goes beyond just setup and troubleshooting.

I found that turning of gravatars can be done from Settings > Discussions but i would still like to change the layout of the comments section if possible.
    Am i looking at regular WordPress changes to make that work as you mention that Genesis is using the WordPress form?

AC
    Blocked

Quattro is an SP theme that is part of the PRO Pack. If you want to remove the gravatar from showing on the entire site, add this to your style.css sheet:

.avatar {
    display: none;
    }

For the post info – view this code by Brian Gardner. Look in there and you can rearrange how the code is displayed.

http://www.briangardner.com/code/customize-post-info/

badedyr
    Participant

The post info seems to be only related to actual posts. I was looking to change the look and feel of the posted comments.
    as in the example with not having a line break and removing the “says:” from the posting.

AC
    Blocked

My apology.. I thought you needed the Post info. I’ll look to see if I can find something for that.

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.