Change container image but keep wrap image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change container image but keep wrap image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trbdesign 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

trbdesign
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working on a project where I want to have a tan background image in the container but keep the white image in the wrap for readability.

Does anyone know where to find a selector that controls the outside container?

Thanks in advance

Toni

http://asc.ignitrodev.com/blog/

trbdesign
    Participant

I think this has a good example of what I’m trying to do:

http://baristamommy.com/

I want to have an outside image like the flowered part while still keeping the inside wrap light and readable.

I have this on line 88 of my css code, but it’s not working.

body {
    background: url(images/bg-texture.png) repeat scroll 0 0;
    line-height: 1;
    }

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Toni

emasai
    Participant

#wrap line 371 in style.css – change out the background image for the colour you want.

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

trbdesign
    Participant

Thanks, but when I changed line #371, they’re now both the border image. I want the border image which is tan on the outside and the white image in the wrap.

Where can I set the background image for the container (before the wrap is declared)?

emasai
    Participant

I’m not really following exactly what you want. There are several wraps one is ID #wrap which I’m guessing you are calling container. The other wraps are classes .wrap and are structural, based on whichever main block they belong to. If you want your screen width background to remain the tan colour image and the inner part (where the text is) to change to white, then you need to edit #wrap in style.css file, remove the background image and replace with background: #FFF;

You will then have to change margins and paddings because this template was not built to have a different for the background and the wrap.

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

trbdesign
    Participant

I understand now. I was trying to use an image for the background and another one for the wrap. Thanks for your help.

Toni

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.