Change Content Area Background Color-Executive Child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change Content Area Background Color-Executive Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dudrix123 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MakeYourselfVisible
    Participant

Howdy,

First time Genesis user and CSS n00b here (I’m learning :P)

I just built my first website for a client using the Executive theme and I’m wondering how to change the background color of the main section (where the content goes), and not the background color of the entire site (the part that you can select from background=>appearance).

On http://www.bardotgroup-renewables.com/about-2/, I’m talking about the text background that is currently white.

Thanks in advance!

-David

Jon Bellah
    Participant

Change the color in the #content selector. It currently looks like:

[css]
    #content {
    float: left;
    padding: 30px 60px 10px;
    width: 680px;
    }
    [/css]

Follow me on the Twitters at @JonBellah. I blog about web design, development and a lot about Genesis at CSSForge.com

MakeYourselfVisible
    Participant

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply.

Do you mean I should add color: #XYZ to that so it looks like:

#content {

float: left;

padding: 30px 60px 10px;

width: 680 px;

color: #XYZ;

}

dudrix123
    Participant

I am having the exact same problem, makeyourselfvisible. I am able to customize most aspects of the page using firebug, but I can’t seem to find the code that specifies the background color for the actual content on each page. I am happy with the custom background that I have already set up, but the default white background for new posts and pages is ugly, and it doesn’t match the rest of my site. I am beginning to wonder if it is possible to change at all.

Website  http://www.bellamarstudio.com/meet-the-owners

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.