Change Header Image on Multisite

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change Header Image on Multisite

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JenniferB 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JenniferB
    Participant

Hi all.

I am running several StudioPress themes in a multisite environment and am having issues with the fact that several themes do not provide for a custom header image.

Seems to me this should be default behavior for any theme? The first thing anyone wants to do when they create a new blog is change the header image to their logo.

I contacted support and was told that I’m on my own – not what I would expect from StudioPress :-(.
    They told me to change the image here:  wp-content/themes/expose/images/ – this does work unless I force every blog on my network to use the same header image and I don’t know about you, but I want my own logo, not yours. :-)

Not to mention, most of my bloggers don’t know how to change the image in WordPress much less FTP.

At any rate, I’m looking for help in how to do this?

Is there any way to activate the custom header functionality for StudioPress themes that do not have this feature?

I need to be able to change the header image to a custom image for multiple blogs using the same theme. (each blog is owned by a separate person, so the image needs to be unique to each blog – it can’t be set at the network level)

For example,

Blog 1, Blog 2, and Blog 3 are all using the Delicious theme and each blog needs to use a different header image.

Ideally they ca do this the same way that it’s being done in the other StudioPress themes like

Is there a way to do this that will not be over-written when the theme is updated?

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  JenniferB.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  JenniferB.

SoZo

Yes, you can add the custom header function to any theme.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

JenniferB
    Participant

awesome thanks – if I read this correctly, it will activate the link that you see on the themes page for Header – yes?

http://www.screencast.com/t/RDQFDrhTtnh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.