Change home featured widget area background to none

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change home featured widget area background to none

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfmeier 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lizmsolutions
    Participant

I am using the Outreach theme – and I would like the home-top/home-featured widget area to have no background.

Right now it is white: http://www.gmofreeplanet.com

It is taking it from the content div – but if I change that to none/transparent – then that also removes the white from the content areas, where I definitely need/want it.

I have looked at this thread: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/outreach-pro-removing-color-from-content-area-on-home-page/ – but was not able to successfully implement what was suggested because I am not using the genesis slider.

I know it is something simple and I’m just not seeing the right place to change it – so any help will be greatly appreciated :).

Thank you in advance!!!!

rfmeier
    Participant

Hello,

You actually can target the #content element and set the background to transparent. You just need to specify the rule for the home page only.

[css]
    /* append after the original .home background color declaration */
    .home #content{
    background: transparent;
    }[/css]

I hope this helps.

lizmsolutions
    Participant

Yup, I knew it was going to be something easy/obvious that I was missing … I was using
    .home .content …. when I needed to be using .home #content …

Thank you!!!!!!!!

rfmeier
    Participant

You are welcome. I am glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.