Change Metro Layout for Vertical Logo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change Metro Layout for Vertical Logo

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rgoldstein
    Participant

My client’s logo is vertical. If I change Metro theme code to allow for a logo higher than 87px, the nav will start too low and there will be too much white space. Maybe it would make sense if the nav floats to the right of the logo, instead of going all the way across. I would need help figuring out how to do that. Or maybe there’s another design option. Right now I have the logo in a left sidebar but that doesn’t seem right. Any suggestions?

While under construction, this is the link:

http://www.boulderferal.org/home/

Thanks.

-Rachel, experienced with Thesis but new to Genesis.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi Rachel,
    I’m a Genesis man, but I have made sites with Thesis 1.8. :-) To have a look at the menu on the right side of the header, you could try putting a Custom Menu widget in your Header Right widget area. Of course, this would be co-existing with your text widget that you have up there, so some arranging would be needed and maybe CSS changes. If all that works well, then you could set your menu settings to have nothing in the “Primary Navigation Menu” setting.

I must say that I kind of like the way the site is right now. You’re right, if you add the kitty to the header area, definitely some CSS nips and tucks would be needed with that additional height.

Hope that helps.
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.