Change Portfolio Page h2 Font Size

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change Portfolio Page h2 Font Size

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SiegerVinnare 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SiegerVinnare
    Participant

Hi There,

I am using the Minimum theme and have run into an issue on the portfolio page template. The headline above each portfolio entry is <h2> and the default h2 font size is too big; resulting in my image layout being distorted. I would like to make the h2 font size 25, but only on the portfolio page. I want the h2 size for the rest of the site to stay the same.

Here is the URL of my test portfolio so you can see what I mean: http://bit.ly/1cdh0vp

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Spanka
    Participant

I haven’t worked with that theme, or even seen it before. But thanks to firebug (if you don’t have it, google it and get it)….

.type-portfolio h2.entry-title, .type-portfolio h2.entry-title a {
    font-size: 25px;
    font-size: 1.25rem;
    /* whatever else you want here*/
    }

Look at your BODY tag and the series of div tags right inside id=”content” – your theme is tagging each post’s div with a class of portfolio and another type-portfolio. By using the above code, we’re ONLY touching h2′s with a class of entry-title that are ALSO inside a class of “type-portfolio”.

Should be good, work and without using !important. Trust me though – get firebug and learn how to use it. You can completely redesign any bit you want in real time without refreshing, then just move the changes into your style.css (or wherever else).

SiegerVinnare
    Participant

Thanks for all your help Spanka! That worked perfectly. I have Firebug and use it for most basic adjustments that I need but I never done something like the above yet, so I wasn’t sure what the best way to go about it was. Still learning CSS as I go here.

Again, appreciate your help!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.