Change post page- Studiopress Eleven40 theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change post page- Studiopress Eleven40 theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tixepower 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tixepower
    Participant

Hi, I really like Eleven40 theme but I hate one thing and that’s how latest posts are shown.

Is there any way to modify Eleven40 theme so that posts are shown just like in the Studiopress Genesis CORE. Just list latest posts, not like in Eleven40 where it shows the latest post without excerpt?! It’s the only reason I can’t start using themes on genesis. I just want a simple list of latest posts just like in

http://www.studiopress.com/demo/genesis.html

The example above is without excerpts, I want it to look just like that but with excerpts. Any kind of help is wanted and appreciated.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  tixepower.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  tixepower.

Susan

Just to confirm – you want a traditional blog style layout, showing your last 10 posts, with excerpts, and a read more link to take you to the full post?

If so, go to your hosting site to your eleven40 theme folder, and re-name home.php (rename it whatever you like – I like “oldhome.php”) – that will then make your site a blog-style site, rather than having the home page set-up.

Then, go to Dashboard > Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives, and then select “Display post excerpts”

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

tixepower
    Participant

That was quick, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.