Change Sucuri favicon to my custom favicon

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change Sucuri favicon to my custom favicon

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

suzstephens@comcast.net
    Participant

I used some plugin to install a custom favicon on my site some time ago. During last week’s brute force attack on WP sites, I began using Sucuri’s CloudProxy firewall, which required changing my DNS settings from my usual IP address to Sucuri’s IP address. Now my site is displaying Sucuri’s favicon instead of my own pretty favicon.

I have a hunch that the issue would be corrected if I could somehow redirect the path for the favicon image to my site’s true IP address (just as I had to change the hostname for my FTP program from my domain name to my true IP address). But I don’t know how to do this.

I’m using a Genesis child theme.

http://www.suzstephens.com/blog/

nutsandbolts

I believe I’m seeing your custom favicon – a red flower?

Browsers tend to hold on to favicons for weeks, so if yours changed temporarily, it could take quite awhile for your browser to realize it has changed back. I would try visiting in a private/incognito tab or from a computer/browser you haven’t used before. It came right up for me.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

suzstephens@comcast.net
    Participant

Yes! My red flower has returned. Thanks Andrea!

nutsandbolts

No problem! I’m going to mark this topic as resolved but feel free to open a new one if you need to. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.