Change the 'Join Us Get Fresh Content Now' image (Genesis Generate)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change the 'Join Us Get Fresh Content Now' image (Genesis Generate)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

KingMonkey
    Participant

On the genesis generate theme on the top headline opt in form area it has that ‘join us – get fresh content’ image.

I want to change it to my own image.

I’m using the Genesis eNews Extended widget to insert my opt in form code from Aweber.

It has the code pasted in there with an image field but when I tried to replace the image link with the URL to my own image (which I uploaded to my ‘media’ section on WP) the formatting was well off and it was too small.

How do I change that and get it aligned the way I want it + the size I want it?

braddalton
    Participant

Put the image on a transparent background which is the same size as the original image.

KingMonkey
    Participant

Excuse my ignorance (I’m clueless with this sort of thing) but how do I do that?

How do I know what size the original image is?

I don’t have photoshop or any program…just paint. :\

braddalton
    Participant

The image will be in the child themes images folder so you can simply right click it and copy to your desktop.

I use Paint.net (Not paint) where you can easily create a new image, use the magic wand to create a transparent background and drag your image as a new layer.

KingMonkey
    Participant

Where do I find the child themes image folder? In WordPress?

braddalton
    Participant

Yes. wp-content > themes > generate > images

The size is 346 x 265

KingMonkey
    Participant

I cannot see these options in WordPress.

I’ve gone to appearances > themes but then I don’t see ‘generate’ or ‘images’ options and I’ve looked around the wordpress control panel and can’t see them anywhere else either.

braddalton
    Participant

You’ll find them using FTP to access your server files. Now that you know the image size, you can create a transparent background and layer you image over the top.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.