Change theme name after adding slider and widgets

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Change theme name after adding slider and widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aself 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aself
    Participant

I installed the Executive Pro theme, then configured the slider and widgets. I want to start my customizations and tried to change the name of the theme and my home page fell apart. After a little research it seems that one can’t change the name of the theme without losing widgets, slider, etc. Before I start over, I wanted to check here and see if there’s a way to change the name and keep all of my settings.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

essaysnark
    Participant

Is there a reason why you want to change the name? Because any Genesis theme you install is a child theme, and so it’s fine to do customizations directly within it (through functions.php and the stylesheet). It’s very very rare that the child theme would ever need to be updated, so that’s a correspondingly small risk that you’d need to port or would otherwise lose those changes.

I realize that I didn’t answer your question about changing the name so if that’s still a need, feel free to reply and we can tackle that question again. :-)

aself
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! I just want to change it for branding purposes which I’ve done many times in the past just before or immediately after installing. For various reasons I set up the theme, widgets, slider, etc. before doing it and when I change the name it really throws off all the settings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.