Change title color / font of just Genesis- Featured Post widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Change title color / font of just Genesis- Featured Post widget

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vincedia
    Participant

I am using the Magazine child theme at - http://delcorimfire.com

I would like to change just the title color of the featured post widget on the front page. Currently the title is DCFS Announcements.

After searching and trying some things from prior posts, I did install a plugin Widget CSS Classes to try to make this change. So this may be causing some issues, or it may help with my issue. It is currently disabled.

Although I can understand and read the code, but I am ignorant when it comes to creating CSS, so I apologize in advance :)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  SoZo. Reason: Don't make people copy/paste. Make URLs links
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  SoZo. Reason: Don't make people copy/paste. Make URLs links

SoZo

The color is coming from the default style rule, the first one in the style sheet. But changing that would change all text color. Widget titles are wrapped in h4 tags so you could add a color property to the h4 rule, which would change the color of all h4 tags. If you only want to effect h4 tags in that div you’ll need to add a new rule, e.g. .home-top h4

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

vincedia
    Participant

Thank you!

Can you point me in a direction to figure out how to add a new rule (I’m CSS illiterate)  or do you think it would be worth time/money to hire someone to make this customization?

SoZo

This is the basic structure of a CSS rule and then the color property controls text color. And then the widget you mentioned is in a div with a class of home-top. So your new rule would look something like

.home-top h4 { color: #990000; }

vincedia
    Participant

SoZo – you are the best!

That suggestion worked perfect. Do you accept tips anywhere?

SoZo

You’re welcome.

You’re undying adoration is tip enough ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Change title color / font of just Genesis- Featured Post widget’ is closed to new replies.