Changed Modern Portfolio Widgets now broken

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changed Modern Portfolio Widgets now broken

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thecolab 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thecolab
    Participant

Hi forum peeps. Looking for some advice on Modern Portfolio.

I’m creating a child theme from it but needed to rename the sections, eg. I changed Portfolio to Features. I didn’t just want to rename the menu label I needed the whole thing renamed so I found and replaced all instances of portfolio related to this functionality.

The Portfolio widget is now replaced with Features widget, but it doesn’t show on the homepage even though I edited the references which I could find through find & replace from portfolio to features. Any advice?

cdils
    Participant

Is your site live that you could post a link? You might re-check home.php since that’s where the Portfolio widget is actually called to display.

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

thecolab
    Participant

Yeah thanks I found the references to these widgetised areas in home.php and in functions but merely renaming all references of portfolio to features didn’t work. I managed to get a widget area showing but it wouldn’t reflect on the front end in the home template.

cdils
    Participant

If you’d created any posts for the portfolio post type, then the post type would also need to be updated in the database.

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

marybaum
    Participant

I had a similar problem – featured posts wouldn’t float. It turned out I had forgotten to rename the divs inside the functions in home.php.

You also need to rename the divs in the stylesheet.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

thecolab
    Participant

Hi Thanks for the feedback cdils and marybaum,

I check on those 2 areas for the next customisation project using this theme.

Right now http://www.messagemetric.com I have just hacked about and left most of the functions intact

I love this theme though, has huge potential to be used for a rage of different kinds of sites so would love to master customising it in different ways.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.