changing a wordpress that is not genesis or a studio press theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion changing a wordpress that is not genesis or a studio press theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tracy 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tracy
    Participant

I have been asked to change a website recently. It is a wordpress theme and self hosted but not the Genesis Framework or a Studio press child theme. I am pretty new to wordpress so I am wondering what my steps should be and happens to all the pages on the site. will they be left alone. I know I will backup and save all the original files, database etc. before I install genesis and my child theme. Any suggestions anyone?

http://www.cowichanfarmers.org

Susan

If you install Genesis and a child theme to an existing WordPress self-hosted site, your pages, posts, categories, etc. will remain. As you’ve indicated, you’ve got a back up should something go wrong.

I would probably take a screenshot of the home page, so that you know in which order the sidebar the various widgets should go, as they don’t always populate in the same order (they usually go to the “inactive widgets” area of the dashboard.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Tracy
    Participant

thankyou Susan, and good tip about the screenshot. I have noticed before that the sidebar widgets get messed up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.