Changing background in Outreach

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing background in Outreach

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dkrause 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dkrause
    Participant

Is it possible to change the background in the Outreach theme? I assumed I could do it through Appearance>Background, since I can do that easily on my Streamline theme. But when I upload a new background image in my Outreach theme, the background doesn’t change.

Site URL: http://www.thewritingrange.com

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi,

The #inner selector, has a background declaration that “covers” the one you set through the appearances tab. The rule in the stylesheet is:

#inner {
    background: black url(images/inner.png) repeat-x;
    clear: both;
    margin: 0 auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 30px 0;
    }

delete the line that says: background: black url(images/inner.png) repeat-x;

Let me know how you make out.

Hard Boiled Greg

dkrause
    Participant

Thank you so much, Greg. Your instructions were nice and clear, which is good for me, a coding idiot and coding-accident-waiting-to-happen. That worked, with no problems. However, I was expecting that change to cover the background in the header (comparing it to changes in my Streamline theme), but clearly the header is separate. I assume I can perform a similar step to change the background color on the header. Although I see from the forums that others have had issues with header changes, so I might just leave it alone for now. My color combos work okay together.

Thanks so much for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.