Changing border (is it a shadow?) around content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing border (is it a shadow?) around content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RickHorowitz
    Participant

I built my wife a gardening blog using Going Green Pro, and used an image of a part of the garden across the top of the site.

Now when we add a featured image, the two basically “compete” for attention because the featured image overlaps the way it does.

One way I thought to try to ameliorate this is by changing the border around the content to something like a solid dark brown, or even a black, to give a little separation.

However, I can’t figure out how that border is created. I thought it was part of something called content-sidebar-wrap, but I see nothing that would create this border.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The website is at lifeofbunny.com.

Thank you.

Rick

Rick Horowitz

http://lifeofbunny.com

anitac
    Participant

It’s actually treated as a background. Look for this in your style sheet:

.site-inner {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
        clear: both;
        margin: -160px auto 0;
        max-width: 1140px;
        padding: 10px;
        position: relative;
        z-index: 9;
    }

Change the background to the HTML color code of your choice. Or you can create an rgba color with this cool tool.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

RickHorowitz
    Participant

OMG! I looked at that several times, and never figured out that it was causing that border.

Thank you very much.

Problem solved.

Rick Horowitz

anitac
    Participant

I use Firebug for Firefox! It’s a gem!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.