Changing content width and sidebar width in Nomadic Child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing content width and sidebar width in Nomadic Child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rellek 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wfletch24
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the Nomadic Child Theme and I am struggling to change the sidebar width and main content area appropriately. Ideally I widen the entire content area but for now I am just trying to widen the sidebar. Can anyone provide any guidence on this. For example: I want to widen the sidebar by 40 pixels but leave the content the same width. How would I do this.

I am assuming changes need made in the following CSS items but I’m not sure how to do it.

#inner
    #content-sidebar-wrap
    .sidebar {

http://blogtomedia.com/

Rellek
    Participant
    #inner  width:960px
    #content-sidebar-wrap   width:960px
    .sidebar   width:300px

Making these changes will leave you with one more issue to resolve. Currently the background is set as an image that is repeated to fill in the whole background.

.content-sidebar #inner {
    background: url(images/inner-cs.png);
    }

The image is only 920px wide so when you made the sidebar bigger you will have to change the width of this image and the corresponding gray section of the image to reflect the new widths and then upload to to your server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.