Changing education theme home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Changing education theme home page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nfaraguna 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mikemahony
    Participant

Hi, I am relatively new at delving into the Genesis framework and want to learn how to make an important change to the home page of the Education theme. I want to have a 3 column layout on the home page with a sidebar left, 2 sliders in the middle and a sidebar right. I want the sidebars to start under the Navigation area along with the sliders in the middle. I do not want any blog posts on the home page (I know how to remove that). How do I modify the code for the home.php so that it works the way I describe?

Example:

Left Sidebar          Slider 1          Right Sidebar

Left Sidebar         Slider 2           Right Sidebar

FPW                   FPW                 FPW                FPW

The layout would be a single sidebar on left and a single sidebar on right (I entered twice to show they are still continuing down the page). FPW = Featured pages widget. All of this already exists in the Education theme home page EXCEPT the two sidebars and the extra slider. Any pointers on making this happen? Thank you!

http://hoopershookup.com

mikemahony
    Participant

Anybody have any ideas how to do this? I just want to take that simple sidebar (primary) that floats at the bottom and move it to the top. I am sure it will require changing the width of the content-sidebar-wrap, but firebug doesn’t seem to like that.

nfaraguna
    Participant

I actually have the same question if anyone can help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.